We offer financial assistance to organisations that help rescue and rehome galgos and greyhounds in the following countries:
Throughout England and Wales
We can help greyhounds in the UK by funding:
- Transport costs to enable English and Irish greyhounds to be rehomed
- Initial veterinary care and treatment for greyhounds and galgos in UK rescue centres
- Support for rehomed galgos and their families in the UK in special circumstances
We can facilitate the work carried out by the rescue shelters in Spain, Slovenia, Italy, France and Belgium by funding:
- Initial veterinary care and treatment
- Boarding and transport costs
- Special projects, e.g. new kennelling blocks, heating, security, lighting, etc.
- Education facilities
- Educational teaching and learning materials
To apply for a grant, please complete the form below.
All applications are reviewed by our trustees, and we endeavour to respond to all grant applications within 60 days; in emergency scenarios, we endeavour to process help as soon as possible.
To make the process easier, please provide as much information as possible about your organisation, the work you do, who you help, what the funding is needed for and the anticipated outcomes. Where possible, please provide estimated costs / copy invoices for the financial assistance required. In some situations, we may request additional information or supporting evidence.
If your funding application is successful, we will require you to sign an agreement with Greyhounds in Need CIO and to provide updates about how your grant was spent. Any information you supply (including photos and videos) may also be mentioned in our marketing materials and on our social media channels.